Saturday, September 17, 2011

Blue, Cerulean, Glaucous, Azure

Life has been, odd, lately. Lately I have been working around 38 hours a week. That's pretty good I think considering that I am 9months pregnant. Lets start with work.

WORK
Work so far has been going well. For a while I was being sent to an office that I do not particularly enjoy working in. Now that I am close to delivering I am at MVFP. This is a great fit for me. Yes, every office has drama and irritations. Every office has gossip and heartache. Every office has cliques. The RN in MVFP has applied for a transfer. In addition to an open LPN position. Now the LPN position is open right now. I can't apply however because I am an RN. I really want to take the RN's spot once her transfer is approved. The only problem is that if the position becomes available while I'm on maternity leave then I am not eligible to apply until I come back. At that point I risk someone else being hired. Its getting stressful. I really want to apply for the transfer before I go on leave.

PREGNANCY
My pregnancy has been going well I guess. January- confirmed pregnancy and pretty much just felt like myself. February- still felt like myself, but maybe a bit more tired. Couldn't even tell I was pregnant if you looked at me. March- I looked a bit more pregnant but not really by much. I could still wear most of my clothes. I was definitely more tired. April- It was easier to tell that I was pregnant. I mostly just looked fat though. No morning sickness and by this point I was into the 2nd trimester so I was pretty much in the clear. May- Still feeling good though that was when I was around half way through the pregnancy. I started going to Columbus every month for U/S and had the stress of a "high risk" pregnancy. I still felt fine at this point. The most that ever happened with my pregnancy was an odd and constant craving for pizza. Lots of heartburn by this point but mostly only at night/early morning. June- Enter the hot months. I had to deal with insane swelling. I looked like the elephant man!! July- Even hotter temperatures. Swelling even more. Lots of dizziness. August- I switched to OSU completely. Still swelling and getting dizzy. September- I am finally in my last month. It seems to be taking forever to be honest. She is getting really big. I'm tired all of the time and I have finally gained enough weight that I am over my pre-pregnancy weight. It sucks. Here I thought I could get away with NOT gaining a ton. In reality I didn't gain a ton. I am only about 5lbs heavier than what I weighed before I was pregnant. I plan on working really hard to lose the weight after I give birth. It will be hard because I will be home for 6 weeks. When I am gone at work all day it is easier for me to lose weight. My two big issues are that I eat when I am bored and I am not very active. My goal while I am off for my Maternity leave is to walk every day and only eat 3 meals with no snacking unless its healthy snacking (fruits and veg.)

PHOTOGRAPHY
I may possibly get a short term/temp job. I am going to do a test run for a guy my husband and I know. Getting this job would be fantastic because for one- there is the income aspect and for two- I love editing. I just hope that he likes what I can do and decides to hire me. I will have plenty of time to devote to the job since I will be off work for 6 weeks. Although- I think I should use some of that time to clean and unpack as well.

Jameson is working two jobs right now. This sucks because I never see him anymore and when I do he is exhausted. I miss him. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment